Match Staffing is hiring up to 4 mechanical assemblers for a locally owned Montgomery business. This is a 2nd shift position (typically afternoon till midnight or overnight and get off in morning). Please do not apply if you are not able to work a 2nd shift.
Can you read and perform work based on schematics and drawings? Please read the entire job descripition and if you are qualified, please apply and INCLUDE your resume.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assemble products/parts (small/light to large/heavy) to complete units of equipment or sub-assemblies in a specialized work area according to verbal or written instructions, or by following drawings or diagrams.
- Perform various production assembly functions such as bolting, attaching hose fittings and positioning parts to insert fasteners.
- Utilizes hand tools, small power tools, torches, sledge hammers, overhead crane, fork truck or other production equipment.
- Periodically drills holes and grinds steel.
- May refer to technical drawings, engineering notices and written directions. Must be able to read and follow these directions.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Other functions, as required, beyond those mentioned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- REQUIRED: High school diploma or GED. Mechanical experience required. Background in hydraulics or electrical. Must be able to read schematics.
- DESIRED: Background in manufacturing.
PAY:$13.50 per hour to start
** PLEASE BE SURE YOU CAN PERFORM THE DUTIES BEFORE APPLYING. IN YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE DETAIL WHERE YOU PERFORMED SIMILAR WORK.
IMPORTANT: Completing an application for this or any job on the Match Staffing website is only the beginning. We require ALL applicants to come to our office and complete the process in person. So plan to come to the office as soon as tomorrow - Monday thru Thursday, 9 am - 11 am. If you are currently working and need another time, please call 334-270-0100 x 100 and set a time.